Fair Housing Counselor / Intake Specialist
Location: Palm Springs, California
Position Level: Entry level – Temp to Hire -Training provided.
Range: $16.00 to $18.00
General description: Under general supervision, or direction, performs a diverse range of duties involved in ensuring compliance with federal/state fair housing laws, including the documentation, investigation and resolution of discriminatory practices related to fair Housing.
- Counselor conducts intake on landlord-tenant relations, and discrimination cases; responds to inquiries and complaints in person, on phone and via correspondence; interviews and counsels disputing parties, recommends solutions and documents actions taken.
- May work independently in operating a satellite office and in proving a full range of fair housing programs and services to a specific location or area.
- May be required to conduct workshops ( After training)
- Write short, targeted narratives on work performed for publication in Quarterly magazine.
- Min: High School Diploma, GED equivalency.
- Preferred: Post-secondary education with an emphasis in Psychology, Sociology, Urban Studies or related subjects.
- Must Pass HUD Housing Counseling Certification Exam.
- Classes are available every Saturday from 9-12 in the Riverside Office located at 4164 Brockton Ave, Riverside CA 92501
- Language: Ideal candidate will be Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Computer Proficient: Ideal candidate will be proficient in all Windows Office Products, Excel, PowerPoint and word, as well as capable of learning new software and computer programs.
- Transportation: Possession and maintenance of a valid California driver’s license, reliable automobile and valid acceptable auto insurance.
- Physical Demands: Standard office work site requiring prolonged sitting and a normal range of physical motions and recurring fieldwork during usual and non-standard work hours.
- Hours: Typically 8 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. Applicant should be flexible and willing to work occasional weekends and or evenings when needed.
- Work Environment: Work environment frequent levels of high stress requiring employees to possess calming capabilities and demeanor.